Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Be Still My Soul

Wow, do you know what a JOURNEY is? I mean, the real definition. Well dictionary.com says: Journey: A traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time; A passage or progress from one stage to another. That is what we are all on, but sometimes one's journey is harder or longer than another's. Jacob and I are on a journey, God is revealing Himself to us in a MIGHTY way, but it's so hard to trust and obey, be still and know, etc.
Then i get into my car today, feeling completely beat up by the enemy, and i listened to a CD that I "borrowed" from a friend. Here are some of the words God layed out before me to affirm that HE knows where I am on this journey and that HE sees it all and HE IS in control.
Be still, my soul:
The Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain
Be still, my soul: Thy best, Thy heavenly friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know (still know)
His voice who ruled them While He dwelt below
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.
Be still my soul.

Then the next song came on and it was:
So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
And fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender
I surrender
Savior He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus

It just kept going and going and I felt so greatful for the opportunity to just sit in the presence of God and allow Him to fill me back up. HE IS SO GOOD to me. I love him.
So, I pick myself back up again, dust myself off, and continue on the journey.
It'll be interesting to see what happens next. I know MY GOD has something WONDERFUL in mind :)
Thank you Lord!!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Well I was looking at Hannah's site this a.m. and then clicked on yours from your comment. See you just started up and WOW what a great time you are having! Pretty soon, if not now, you will be saying,all the time, as Tabitha and Samuel...........Fine IN THE LORD, thank you!
Seems you and Hannah have found strength in the same song.

I love you,
Mom