Monday, September 15, 2008

The Distance = No Birthday Parties :(

I have to admit, sometimes the distance just really gets to me. I mean, 2000 miles is a LONG WAY...hence the map. Just look how far away Arizona is from Ohio. I mean sometimes I just can't push the homesickness away.

Ha, just the other day my sister volunteered to find Jacob a job in Ohio so I could come home and have babies! I WISH it were that simple! Thanks Em!! :)
But seriously, I really appreciate and love my sisters!

So I was at work today, my phone rings and I answer...to 10 people yelling "HI SARAH" to me on the phone! My entire family was out to dinner for Hannah's birthday, and they included me in it! I felt so special, and really wished I could have been there. I mean, I've missed EVERYONE'S birthday this year...I guess it's OK because I'm where God wants me...but sometimes it's just really hard.
Then on my way home from work Emily called me to ask me a question... (i am the sister w/ all the useless/useful knowledge...and i married mr. factoid too!) ...she wanted to know the lyrics to a song. I mean it's little things like that, that make me feel so close, even when i'm OBVIOUSLY so far away (again, refer to the map!!)

I'm just hoping and praying that in the not so distant future, I can be with my family again. CHRISTMAS can't come soon enough!!!


YESSSSSSS! GOING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Can't WAIT!!! :)


Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas, is my family.

Oh and a candy cane, a Christmas Carol, and some snow would be nice too!!

Thanks, and yes, I've been good!
-Sarah

ps. Don't forget the Wassail...and a buckeye or 2!! and please deliver that to OHIO...cuz that's where I'll be for CHRISTMAS!!!
YAY!


2 comments:

Emily said...

If it makes you feel better (probably not)...

Wyatt has this little thing about competition. Even down to how much he loves me. We say to the moon and back, to grammy's and back and now he has realized that you are the winning ticket because you live the furthest. He now says "I love you to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jacob's and back!!"

We love and miss you too.
Freida.

skyesgirl2 said...

Who's Freida... is that a female, FRED? I'm confussed!!