Thursday, October 16, 2008

Be Still = Confirmation...again!

Today was my "goodbye" lunch with my Apartment Life Staff Team. I had resolved when I left the house today that I WOULD NOT CRY. I lasted all of 10 minutes. When we pulled up to Chili's...one of my FAVORITE places to eat...I saw Ryan (my boss/co-worker) carrying what seemed to be something large. Immediately I said to him "That better not be my present" and he asked why. I told him because we were only taking a small trailer back and didn't need to "pack more stuff." He just laughed it off and told me there would be room.
When we sat down to lunch, he, like a little kid on Christmas, asked if I would open my present. He said that if it was cheezy or I didn't like it that I could return it. I didn't care how cheezy it was...I was keeping it, because it was a gift from them. So I opened it. It was a BEAUTIFUL picture of a snowscape, like what we're moving to.
I LOVE IT!! It's going on our wall as soon as we get to Ohio!! What really got me was the verse at the bottom. When I started this blogging thing, God was really speaking to me to be silent and let him work. The verse was "Be still and know that I am God." I cried. It meant so much to me because as they were saying Goodbye, God was confirming our decision, again. Thank you God for your perfect will and provision. Thank you for placing these people into my life. I cherish and love each and every one of them. As soon as Pammela sends me the group picture, I'll add it.
Thank you Apartment Life, Phoenix. I love you!!!

3 comments:

skyesgirl2 said...

Awesome picture!!!! I love it!

Ruthie said...

I noticed, in this beautiful picture, that the fence wasn't straight!!! Awesome thought, huh! Still and peaceful, but not always straight!
Besides the snow.............what a great picture!!
Get ready!! It's coming sooner than we think.

Emily said...

That is what it looks like here....IN MARCH!!! Just kidding. Can't wait to be near you again!